Job Title: Engineering Manager (Full Stack)
Location: Hybrid or Remote. We have a small office in London and a hub in Leeds and ask that employees attend our company meetings and social events in London, held once a month. We have many employees who use the office, we just say work where you work best.
Salary: Up to £100,000 + <20% bonus, < 5% contributory pension + private healthcare for you and your direct family
Due to further expansion, we are now seeking our first Engineering Manager (Full Stack), to manage and grow an existing team of 6 engineers, both onshore and offshore. As this is our first Engineering Manager (Full Stack), you will have the opportunity to shape the role and make it your own.
We are a fast growing fintech company providing financial data to an enterprise client list of household brands, which include HSBC, PayPal, World Bank, Western Union and MasterCard among others. We are rapidly building on our already strong reputation in the finance sector and, as a result, most of our recent clients have been gained through word of mouth. We can also boast an almost 100% repeat business rate, both of which are incredible achievements for a startup company.
This is a brand new key role, supporting the VP of Engineering in building/growing and managing the Engineering department. It will involve team management, code reviews and hands-on coding, among other things.
- You will build and manage domestic and international teams
- You will take the lead on projects and guide them through to delivery
- You will create the blueprints for new engineering projects and mentor the engineering team on how to use these blueprints
- You will mentor and coach the engineers you are responsible for and help them to achieve their full potential
- You’ll champion and contribute to our commitments of continuous improvement in software delivery, coding practices, application quality and agile processes
What we’re looking for:
- Strong team and project lead experience with a background in software engineering (front end & back end)
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building reliable, efficient automated processes
- You have a good understanding of engineering best practices and processes, ensuring these are followed within the engineering teams
- Previous experience leading a team of Software Engineers, taking responsibility for their personal development and coaching them on the behaviors needed for success
- You have an opinion on things and are not afraid to push back when you feel it’s needed
- Experience working in an Agile project environment
Why you should consider this role:
- We use some of the latest open-source software and commercial tools (No legacy tech whatsoever!)
- We use the latest versions for all of our applications
- You will get to choose the appropriate tools/frameworks/technologies to adopt
- You will work alongside very skilled and high-level developers
- You will get to work on some very exciting fintech projects
- You will join a business consisting of great people and with an amazing culture
- You will be able to work from home and in a way that’s flexible and that fits in with the rest of your family and personal life commitments
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Healthcare for you and your family
- 20% annual bonus/option scheme
- 5% pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policy
- Monthly socials
- Quarterly external one-to-one coaching sessions
- A supportive, collaborative environment with plenty of opportunities to learn
- A chance to work with a vibrant, friendly team with a relaxed but committed culture
- Flexible working culture – we can offer remote working
We’re an innovative company that knows how to look after its employees and we take pride in providing a flexible working environment, a great company culture and great opportunities for career growth. Have a look at our careers page to find out more about our perks and benefits and to see for yourself what it’s like to work with us: https://careers.fxcintel.com/
Also, why not take a look at our employee engagement blog to see how our colleagues feel about working at FXC Intelligence: https://careers.fxcintel.com/blog/posts/60820-what-do-our-employees-think-of-fxc-intelligence
At FXC Intelligence, we believe in embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.